Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ponyo



I watched this film the first time in theaters. It is the first film of Miyazaki's that I've seen on the big screen. Regrettably, it is also one of my least favorite films of Miyazaki. The main problem that I have with this film is that it seems like they're having a wedding for two little children. Also, Ponyo seems to be centered for young audiences, as you can tell from the young main characters and the "lack in plot." Unlike Totoro, which also contains young heroines, Ponyo did not have as much of a serious/mature tone to it. I must admit, I lost interest at some points and only began focusing on the animation of the film. This is not to say that it's a bad film, just not what you'd expect from a renown filmmaker like Miyazaki.

7.7

No comments:

Post a Comment